K12 Gallery & TEJAS are dedicated to the community of Dayton; its people and places are what fuel our creative ambition. Within the last 20 years, K12 has overseen the creation and installation of 99,000 square feet murals in the Dayton area. We work with local artists, community members, and organizations to complete these large scale public works of art. Our current partnership with the Montgomery County Juvenile Court Program, HAALO, encourages at-risk teens to participate in the creation of artwork and to have a sense of pride in the rejuvenation their artwork brings to the urban landscape around them. From mosaic murals and metal sculpture on Fifth Street to 10 giant scale master replica murals installed on buildings on the corner of Sears and Third Streets, K12 Gallery & TEJAS is continually developing new projects that will bring art into neighborhoods and streets of Dayton for years to come.
Public Art Currently on Display:
-K12 Gallery & TEJAS Murals
-White Allen Chevrolet
-Wesley Center Mural
-West Third Street Mural
-River Run Mural
– PNC 2nd Street Public Market Mural
– St. Vincent DePaul
– 30/60/90 murals on the Courthouse Building
– Habitat for Humanity Mural
– The Glen at St. Joseph’s Mural
– Fifth Street Mosaic Mural
– Vinegar Hill Dedication Sculpture
– HAALO Master Replica Paintings (Phase I and II)
– K12 Gallery & TEJAS door handles created by Hamilton Dixon.
– Garden Station Mural Painting created by Lily Whitehead
– Corner Cupboard Mosaic Mural
– Hospice of Dayton Mosaic
Interested in having a mural created on your building? Please contact Jerri Stanard for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved? Volunteer to work on large scale public art pieces. Work alongside students and professional artists, help prepare materials, or give a monetary donation to support the Public Art Program. Please contact us at 937-461-5149 for more information.